These Bacon Chickpeas are a delicious and healthy meat free bacon option for people on a vegan or plant based diet.
I use these Vegan Bacon Chickpeas in everything, from big breakfasts, in pasta, on sandwiches, or even just on their own. The options are endless!
To Make Vegan Bacon Chickpeas
Mix together marinade ingredients in a small jug or container.
Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Rinse and drain chickpeas, and then add to the heated frying pan.
Cook chickpeas for a minute, and then add the marinade.
Cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed. I like to cook the chickpeas for a bit longer to get them crispy, but be careful that you don’t burn them.
If you’re looking for recipes to use these bacon chickpeas, check out my Vegan BLT, BLT Pasta Salad, and Vegan Chickpea Bacon and Coleslaw Roll.
Vegan Bacon Chickpeas
- 2 Tbs Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbs Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbs Vegan Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 400 g Tin Chickpeas Rinsed and Drained
- Mix the soy sauce, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and paprika in a glass or bowl.
- Heat a fry pan on high heat. Spray with oil (or use a non-stick pan). Drain and rinse the chikpeas. When the frying pan is hot, add the chickpeas. Cook for a minute.
- Add the sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has disappeared, and chickpeas are browned. You can cook for a little longer here to make them crunchy, but be careful they don’t burn.