This kid friendly is seriously awesome for those super busy school nights. Yeah, those nights where everyone is exhausted, and you have no energy left, but you really want to get something healthy on the table for dinner. Let me tell you, tray bakes are your saviour for those nights.
All you have to do is cut up the ingredients, mix the sauce, and throw it all together on a baking tray. (Hint: If you have older kids, this is actually a really good recipe for them to be able to make for dinner too!).
How to make this recipe even easier: Use premade rice – either buy packets of precooked rice, or cook up a big batch on the weekend and then divide it between zip lock bags in the freezer.
This Vegan “Honey” Soy Tray Bake is from the WithExtraVeg Meal Plans. You can find out more about my Meal Plans which are designed especially for busy families wanting to make a vegan diet easy here.
Vegan “Honey” Soy Tray BakeCourse: Uncategorized
- Honey Soy Sauce
⅓ cup Soy Sauce
½ cup Maple Syrup
¼ cup Rice Wine Vinegar
2 tsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbs Cornflour
- Tofu Bake
450g Firm Tofu
2 medium Zucchini
1 whole Red Capsicum
1 cup Brown Rice
- Cook rice according to packet directions.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (or 350°F).
- While rice is cooking, add the “honey” and soy sauce ingredients to a jug and stir until fully combined.
- Cut the tofu, zucchini and capsicum into similar sized pieces and spread over the base of a large baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir the tofu and veggies, then pour the sauce over.
- Bake for another 20 minutes.
- Serve the tofu bake with the brown rice.
- Use precooked rice to make this recipe easier